It’s become a well-known fact that a clean and organized working environment increases efficiency and productivity. Since cleaning an office is a huge and important task, most companies rely on outsourcing it to industry professionals.
Companies that provide office cleaning in San Diego usually bring their own tools and cleaning materials, but what kind of supplies are needed for a spotless office? If you were ever wondering how professionals perform these cleaning tasks and what office cleaning actually entails, read on, as we’ll list the most common office cleaning supplies and their practical uses.
What do you use to clean an office?
Depending on what kind of services you’ll perform in your office, you’ll need to use a variety of different tools. Let’s break down the few most essential supplies you’ll need for daily office upkeep.
Cleaning, wiping, and mopping include dealing with chemicals and other potential hazards, so it’s important to protect yourself and others from eventual injuries by getting the right equipment.
- Protective gloves – you should keep your hands from strong chemicals (like alcohol) that can dry your skin by wearing gloves. For general protection, while you perform tasks such as dusting and sanitizing surfaces you can wear transparent vinyl ones, while for scrubbing and cleaning the restrooms you should get more protective rubber gloves.
- Caution! Wet floor! sign – prevention is better than cure, as the old saying goes. Getting this sign is important because it can prevent workplace injuries and potential lawsuits.
Dusting and wiping
To thoroughly remove dust particles from desks, chairs, shelves, and other surfaces, you’ll need:
- Duster – Feather ones are more commonly used and they are usually cheaper and easier to find. Since you’ll be performing this task daily, then a feather one will do, but if you want to ensure an extra layer of cleanliness then pick a lambs wool duster. Remember to dust top-to-bottom and left to right.
- Microfiber cloth – Using a microfiber cloth is a great chemical-free way to remove dust from your desks. Microfiber is positively charged, while dust and dirt are negative, so the cloth attracts and picks up dust particles.
- Alcohol-based cleaning solutions – the final but not least important step is sanitation. The cloth and the duster only remove the dust from surfaces, but to ensure that there are no germs left use an alcohol-based all-purpose cleaning solution to sanitize desks, phones, keyboards, and other often touched areas.
Vacuuming and Mopping
We transmit millions of dirt particles and germs on the floor just by getting into the office from the street, so vacuuming and cleaning the floors is also a task that should be regularly performed. For this you’ll need:
- Vacuum cleaner – Best practice shows you should invest in a multi-purpose vacuum cleaner that has a different sort of attachment so you can access all office areas easily.
- A mop and a PH neutral floor cleaner – After vacuuming, sanitize the floors by mopping them left to right with a mop dipped in a floor cleaning solution.
Restroom cleaning supplies
Restroom cleaning comprises a mix of sanitizing, mopping, and cleaning. Apart from the already mentioned supplies, you’ll also need a:
- Restroom cleaners and disinfectants.
- Bowls scrubbing equipment such as brushes, sponges, and scrubbers.
- Refillable supplies such as toilet papers and deodorants and blocks.
Additional cleaning supplies
Depending on your cleaning needs, you’ll also need to get a steady amount of kitchen soap and towels, toilet papers, hand sanitizers, and soaps, along with copious amounts of trash bags.
Where can I hire a reliable company that offers quality office cleaning in San Diego?
California Office Cleaning aims to provide a second-to-none office cleaning experience. Leave all the sanitizing tasks to us, so you can focus on running your company more efficiently. Apart from performing the tasks, we will also bring our tools and supplies, so your office will be in safe cleaning hands.
Use our platform to book our services today, or give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to provide you with all the information you may need for cleaning your office near Kearny Mesa or any other part of San Diego.